1 Should you rub your heels?
Every day, heels are often exposed to dirt, so this is the part that contains the most dead skin on the body. Long-term dead skin will become rough hard patches on the heels.
This hard skin makes you experience many inconveniences in daily life such as peeling, rough dead skin that is easy to get caught in clothes and blankets. In addition, when it is cold, this layer of skin is easily peeled off, causing bleeding and cracked heels. Therefore, you should rub your heels regularly to remove some dead heel cells, making your feet more smooth.
Note, when the heel has peeled to the point of bleeding and burning, you should not arbitrarily rub your heels at home. When encountering that situation, you should see your doctor for advice and appropriate treatment.
2 Heel scrubbers
Heel scrub stone
Heel scrub stone is one of the traditional tools, used by people since ancient times. You can use pebbles picked up from the sea, river, lake or buy specialized heel rubs that are sold a lot in the market.
- This method helps you remove dead cells in the heel area, giving you pink, smooth heels.
- Compact, portable and easy to use.
- Safe, natural materials.
- Easy to find, easy to buy with cheap price.
- Less effective, requires you to be patient and scrub your heels every day.
- For very cracked feet, you need to combine using a new cream to improve.
Heel scrub kit
Heel Scrub Kit is a product designed to remove dead skin on heels. This tool usually has 2 main parts: the handle and the brush. Brushes come in many shapes (thorns, bristles) and many different materials (plastic, metal, …)
- Compact design, easy to carry and use.
- High contact, helps remove dead cells on the heel easily.
- Low price
- The product has a metal brush head that is easy to rust when exposed to the environment.
- The effect is slow, it takes a long time to see the effect.
It is a product that supports foot exfoliation. The machine is battery-operated, including the handle and the heel scrub. In addition, the heel scrubber is also equipped with many modes, allowing you to adjust it to suit individual needs.
- The foot scrubber machine helps to clean the dead skin easily, leaving the foot skin smooth.
- Compact design, easy to use.
- Fast and lasting effect when using the machine, saving time and effort.
- The product has a long shelf life of up to several years.
- The cost of buying a machine is higher than other tools.
3 How to scrub your heels with your hands
Manual heel rub is applied with a heel stone or heel scrub kit. Let's see the steps below:
- Step 1: Soak your feet in warm water or about 15-20 minutes.
- Step 2: Use your hand force on the heel scrubber to brush the surface of the heel for about 2-7 minutes .
- Step 3: Rinse with water and use a heel moisturizer to increase the effect.
In addition, you can also use the method of scrubbing your heels with your hands right after taking a shower . At that time, the skin of your feet is soft and you can save time soaking your feet.
4 How to scrub heels with a machine
Machine heel scrubbing saves you considerable time and effort on your hands. Steps to scrub heels by machine:
- Step 1: Clean your heels and dry them completely.
- Step 2: Start the machine and select the appropriate mode.
To be able to choose the right mode, you should read the user manual before using it.
- Step 3: Move the machine to the heel area to rub, each position stops for about 2-3 seconds , move slowly to the end of the heel to be scrubbed.
Note: Do not press the machine too close to the skin of the foot because it may cause the roller (heel scrubbing head) to not rotate.
- Step 4: Turn off the device.
- Step 5: Wash your heels with water, dry them and use a moisturizing cream to moisturize your heels.
The above article has provided you with 2 ways to scrub your heels at home, completely removing dead skin. Hope the above information helps you!