1 Note to cook rice for a long time
To cook delicious and long-lasting rice, you need to note a few tips:
– Remember to wash the pot and lid before cooking rice, pay attention to wash all the rice clumps on the bottom and lid of the pot.
– Add a pinch of salt when washing the rice.
– You can also cook rice with a little salt, similar to cooking sticky rice. This not only makes the rice more flavorful, but also preserves the rice for a longer time.
– If you do not use salt, you can add vinegar to the rice cooker when cooking at the ratio of 2 ml of vinegar to 1.5 kg of rice. Make sure that the rice when finished cooking will be white and stale for a long time.
How to properly store rice?
– Store in the refrigerator : you should put leftover rice in an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator. When it's time to eat, just take it out and steam it again.
– Store in a cool place: Be careful not to let other dishes stick to the rice. You just need to put the rice in a cool place, cover it with a basket, do not cover it tightly in the box or leave it in the pot, otherwise the rice will be steamed and quickly stale.
3 Some ways to re-steam cold rice
After the storage period, to steam rice again as delicious as hot rice, you can try the following:
– Steam with : Put the cold rice in a bowl, put it in the rice cooker and then put a little water in the pot. Then turn on the cook button and wait for the rice to be hot and delicious as before.
– Steaming with: You can also put cold rice in a glass bowl, cover with food film and put in a microwave to make the rice taste as good as freshly cooked.
– Steaming with steam : In addition to the two ways above, we can put cold rice in a steaming basket like steaming cakes, remember to add a little salt, after a few minutes you will have delicious, rich rice like the original.