1 Tips to fix wide shoes
Wear thick socks
For shoes that are too wide for your feet, if you can't make your shoes smaller, the best way is to make your feet "big" by wearing lots of thick socks or socks .
- Suitable: Sports shoes, boots.
- Note: Not recommended in hot weather or if you have sweaty feet.
Stuff some things in the toe
You should choose some cheap materials (such as tissue, toilet paper, …) crumple and stuff into the toe of your shoe . This will help you prevent your feet from sliding back and forth every time you move and this is very useful only when you are traveling short distances.
- Suitable: high heels, boots, doll shoes.
- Note: This method should not be applied if you go long distances because the material stuffed in the shoes will make your feet feel itchy and uncomfortable.
Use shoe insoles
Shoe insoles are thin (made of foam or flexible material) that cushion the inside of the shoe. You can use shoe insoles to contribute to a tight fit on shoes that are too wide.
- Fits: All shoes (including open-toed shoes and heels).
- Note: You should try on the insole before you buy it to make sure it fits your foot. Famous brands such as Nike, Adidas, … also sell their own insoles.
Use ankle pads
As the name suggests, an ankle pad is a thin pad that's glued to your ankle, which will also help tighten up oversized shoes .
- Fit: Almost with all shoes, especially high heels with tight collars, will help limit foot pain.
- Note: You should put it on and try it on first to see if it's suitable for you, because many people say that they get swollen feet after using it.
Shrink your shoes with elastic
All you need to do this is: a needle, thread, sewing thread, and a little bit of sewing skills.
- Sew one end of the elastic to the back of the shoe, inside the ankle.
- Attach an elastic band to the shoe to secure it while sewing, you can use a stapler.
- Stretch the elastic and sew the other end of the elastic to the shoe. After sewing, the ankle part will be slightly narrowed.
2 Tips to fix tight shoes
Expanding shoes with water
To do this, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Fill the two bags with water and make sure the bags are sealed.
Step 2: Tuck those two bags into your shoes and remember to align where you need to expand (toe or body).
Step 3: Put your shoes in the refrigerator for 1 day , then leave out for 20-30 minutes for the ice to melt, then take out the water bag. The frozen part acts as a mold to help loosen your shoes .
Use potatoes to loosen shoes
You will need 1 – 2 potatoes to loosen the shoes.
Step 1: Peel the potatoes.
Step 2: Locate where you want to expand and place a piece of just the right size to loosen.
Step 3: You leave the potatoes and shoes overnight to give them time to stretch.
Widen shoes with socks and dryer
If you accidentally buy a pair of shoes that are too tight, you can make use of household items such as socks and shoes to apply the method below.
Step 1: You put on a pair of thick socks or you can put several pairs of socks together, then put on your shoes.
Step 2: Turn on the dryer at a moderate level and heat around the shoes, and at the same time, move your feet to make the shoes quickly stretch.
Use a specialized solution
The use of a specialized solution will help the shoes expand quickly, but the disadvantage is that if not used correctly, it will cause your shoes to be discolored .
Because the solution will often contain alcohol, which will lead to discolouration of the shoes. Therefore, you need to carefully read the instructions for use and ingredients to avoid damaging your shoes.
After spraying the solution on your shoes, put on your shoes and walk normally such as going for a walk, going to the movies, etc. to quickly stretch your shoes.
Using a shoe mold
Most of these molds are easy to adjust , so it's pretty safe if you want to loosen your shoes.
You just need to locate the tight spot and let the mold in and then tweak the mold to loosen until it feels right. You should leave the mold within 1 day to achieve the desired effect.
3 Notes on choosing the right shoes
- Choose shoes with laces so that you can adjust the laces to loosen or tighten them.
- You should choose the right shoe size using the shoe size measurement formula below:
After measuring, please follow the table below to convert the correct shoe size and remember to try on the shoes before buying !
Men's shoe size conversion table
Women's shoe size conversion table
Above is an article that tells you 5 quick and simple tips to fix wide and tight shoes. Hope the information is useful to you. Wish you success!