1 When to clean the sofa?
Sofa is something that is very easy to get dirty by dirt, pet hair, footprints, children's hand prints, … they create ugly stains, devaluing the sofa set. However, not all cases can be applied to sofa cleaning at home. You should only clean the sofa yourself when:
- The stains on the sofa are new.
- Lots of dust and dirt.
- Identify the cause of stubborn stains.
- The stains can be cleaned without affecting the entire sofa.
- Determine how the sofa can be washed and what type of detergent can be used on the sofa mattress to prevent damage.
2 Process of cleaning sofa at home
Find out the cases before cleaning the sofa
Before starting to clean, you should learn carefully about your family's sofa to know what chemicals or materials to use to clean to increase the life of the sofa. You can refer to the code table below for more details!
|Code||Meaning of code|
The sofa can be cleaned with water. This is a good choice for self-cleaning sofas.
|WS or SW||
|X (professional cleaning only)||
This tagged sofa is a challenge even for cleaning professionals as this sofa cannot be cleaned with water or dry cleaning solvents but requires specialized tools or chemicals.
Sort stains before cleaning
Each stain on the sofa will have a different cleaning method to avoid affecting the durability of the material that makes up the sofa. Some common stains on sofas can be mentioned as follows:
- Ordinary stains such as dirt, sauce can be easily cleaned with water, soap , …
- Stains that are difficult to remove such as ink, grease from food, … you can use specialized chemicals and should only clean the stained area.
3 ways to clean sofa at home
Leather sofa cleaning
Step 1: Use suction to the entire surface and crevices of the sofa.
Step 2: Put a few drops of moisturizing soap on a soft damp cloth and gently wipe the entire sofa surface.
Step 3: Wipe again with a dry towel, repeat the process until the sofa is completely cleaned.
Felt sofa cleaning
Step 1: Use a vacuum cleaner and completely vacuum the dust on the sofa.
Step 2: You choose a soft towel soaked in white vinegar or clean water, then gently wipe the stains.
Step 3: After wiping, use a dryer and proceed to dry the entire sofa before use.
Fabric sofa cleaning
Step 1: Set the seat cushions aside and remove the pillowcase to wash with .
Step 2: Use a vacuum cleaner to thoroughly vacuum the entire surface and slots of the sofa.
Step 3: You need to prepare a bowl of warm water and add 1/4 teaspoon of dishwashing liquid, then beat well to form a thick foam, then sweep evenly on the chair. This foam will remove dirt and clean most stubborn stains.
Step 4: Remove the foam from the sofa. Then you can use a long squeegee that can remove the foam on the surface of the chair and use a soft damp cloth to wipe away the remaining foam. You should wash the towels and wipe them until the sofa is completely clean.
Step 5: Place the sofa in a large and ventilated yard to dry naturally.
4 Some tips to clean sofa properly
When cleaning the sofa, you should refer to the following tips to ensure the sofa is clean and durable!
- You should wash the sofa every 6 months to maintain the life of the sofa.
- Should regularly vacuum and treat newly attached stains as soon as possible.
- Use paper towels or washcloths to absorb wet spots, avoid getting the sofa wet and rubbing vigorously .
- If the stains are old or too serious, you should seek professional sofa cleaning services to handle them to ensure the quality of the sofa.
Above is a simple way to clean the sofa at home so that you can clean your home and welcome the coming new year. Wish you success and will have a happy Tet holiday with your loved ones on a sofa set as clean as new!