What is the effect of 1 capacitor on a fan?
The capacitor used in the fan has the effect of deflecting the magnetic field and providing a large voltage to start the fan, when the fan usually rotates, this capacitor is no longer effective.
Therefore, if the fan capacitor fails or the capacity is not enough, the fan will not be able to operate.
2 Causes and ways to fix broken fan capacitor
Expression when the fan capacitor fails
When the fan is damaged, the fan motor will not rotate, but the motor shaft will vibrate strongly and you will hear an abnormal sound when near the fan.
Signs that a capacitor is damaged by the naked eye such as a damaged capacitor, a cracked capacitor, or a broken capacitor.
The cause of the fan’s condenser failure
Fan capacitors as well as other electronic components also have a certain service life. Capacitor failure is usually caused by the following reasons:
- Poor quality capacitors, breakdown voltage lower than necessary, dielectric layer not working standard.
- The actual voltage of the current is unstable, and the fluctuation amplitude is large.
- Using unsuitable capacitors.
- The capacitor is damaged due to the number of times of charging and discharging exceeding the allowable limit.
How to fix a broken fan capacitor
The best way is to replace a new capacitor immediately if your fan capacitor is damaged. You can do this yourself or you can take the fan to a trusted repair shop.
If you are knowledgeable and have professional knowledge about fans, then you can repair fan capacitors yourself at home. First, you need to prepare the following items:
- Electronic welding machine.
- New fan capacitor.
Detailed steps to replace a damaged capacitor :
- Step 1: Unplug the power cord from the plug. Next, remove the fan cover by removing the screws with a screwdriver.
- Step 2: Take off the fan cover and remove the damaged fan capacitor by using a soldering machine to cut off the two circuits connected to the capacitor.
- Step 3: Observe the fan capacitor parameters in use and replace the fan capacitor with the corresponding parameter. You use a soldering iron to connect the wires to the two circuits of the capacitor and fix it.
- Step 4: Finally, you do the reverse of the steps to reinstall the fan.
In addition, if you want the fan capacitor to last the longest, you should use the fan with a moderate capacity, do not let the fan run for too long, or you can let the fan run through one.
3 Notes to improve the life of the capacitor in the fan
During use, users need to pay attention to the following issues to ensure that the capacitor in the fan works efficiently and prolongs its life:
- Let the fan rest for about 30 minutes to 1 hour when operating for a long time.
- Use the appropriate capacitor for the fan.
- Use the appropriate power supply for the fan capacity.
- Regularly, oil the motor to make the fan operate more smoothly.
- Place the fan in a flat and cool place.
- Adjust the wind level just right, not too big or too small.
- Use the fan in a dry environment, avoiding places with high humidity.
- Do not allow water to come into contact with the fan.
- When repairing and cleaning, remember to turn off the fan power.
Fast cooling with 65W. power
Through the article, you have understood the cause and how to fix the broken fan capacitor. we hope that the report will be helpful to you and your family. If you have any questions or order products, please leave a comment below the article!