1 How to renew your driving license online at home
Currently, the Directorate for Roads of Vietnam has officially allowed the registration of renewal of driving licenses via the internet. Objects of use include.
- Level 3 public service to change driving license: Applicable to holders of driving licenses managed by the transport sector, which are valid or overdue for less than 3 months.
- Public service level 4 international driving license: Vietnamese people, foreigners who have permanent residence cards in Vietnam, have a national driving license issued by Vietnam with PET material, still valid.
To register for a driver's license change or an international driver's license, visit the website of the Directorate for Roads of Vietnam to enter information:
2 Procedures for re-issuance of a lost motorbike or car driver's license without re-examination
Step 1: Prepare a complete application for re-issuance of a license.
Clause 2, Article 36 of Circular 12/2017/TT-BGTVT stipulates that holders of a lost driving license need to prepare 01 set of application documents for re-issuance of a driving license as follows:
– An application form for change or re-issuance of a driving license, made according to the prescribed form
– A copy enclosed with the original for comparison, including: ID card, CCCD, passport (for Vietnamese) or valid passport (for foreigners, overseas Vietnamese).
– The driver's health certificate issued by the district general hospital or higher, the medical examination period within the past 6 months (in case of re-issuance of an indefinite driving license A1, A2, A3, it is not necessary. ).
*Reference: List of 39 hospitals qualified for driving health examination in Ho Chi Minh City.
– Fee for re-issuance of driving license: 135,000 VND.
Step 2. Proceed to submit the application for re-issuance of the driving license at the Department of Transport or the Public Administration Service Center of the province or city.
Note: When coming to carry out the procedures for re-issuance of a driver's license, the driver will be photographed by the driver's license agency, do not have to bring ready-made photos and present the originals of the above documents for comparison. .
– In HCMC, you can apply at the following locations:
- 252 Ly Chinh Thang, Ward 9, District 3: Management Office for driving license issuance.
- 51/2 Thanh Thai, Ward 14, District 10.
- No. 8 Nguyen Anh Thu, Trung My Tay Ward, District 12.
- 937 Ta Quang Buu, Ward 5, District 8.
- 111 Tan Son Nhi, Tan Son Nhat Ward, Tan Phu District: Progressive Driving School.
– In Hanoi, you can submit at the following locations:
- Directorate for Roads of Vietnam: D20, Ton That Thuyet Street, Cau Giay Urban Area, Cau Giay District.
- Hanoi Department of Transport: No. 2 Phung Hung, Ha Dong District.
- Traffic Management Department – Hanoi Department of Transport: No. 16 Cao Ba Quat, Ba Dinh District.
- Long Bien Traffic Inspection Team: Van Hanh Street, Long Bien District (in Viet Hung New Urban Area).
Step 3. After receiving the dossier. You will be photographed to print on your PET license. Pay 135,000 VND license fee and document receipt.
Step 4. Done. You will wait for the application for re-issuance of a license to be processed within 60 days. If your old license is on hold, you will be called up to pay the fine.
Step 5: Get a re-issued driver's license
According to the time limit on the appointment letter, the person completing the procedures will go to the receiving and returning department of the Directorate for Roads of Vietnam or the Department of Transport to receive a re-issued driving license.
- The procedure for re-issuance of a license for motorcycles and cars is the same.
- If the license is still valid, or has expired for less than 3 months, there is no need to retake the test.
- If your license expires from 3 to 12 months, you must retake the theory test.
- If your license expires more than 1 year, you must retake both theory and practice.
*Reference: Driver test fee reissued:
- For motorbike driving test (classes A1, A2, A3, A4): Theory test: 40,000 VND/time. Practical test: 50,000 VND/time.
- For car driving test (class B1, B2, C, D, E, F): Theory test: VND 90,000/time. Practice test in the picture: 300,000 VND/time. Practice test on public transport: 60,000 VND/time.
Above is a guide on how to renew and re-issue a lost driver's license without retaking the test that Dien May XANH shares with you. If you have any questions, please comment below!