1 Peel of orange, tangerine, grapefruit
Orange or tangerine peels contain natural aromatic oils, so you can wash and dry the peels of oranges, tangerines and grapefruits, then put them in the corners of the refrigerator.
After about 3 days , the citrus peel will absorb the odor in the cabinet. You can continue to do this simple way to keep the refrigerator odor-free.
2 fresh lemons
You can also use fresh lemons, cut them into thin slices and place them in the freezer compartments. The natural essential oil in lemon will also help absorb odors in the refrigerator.
3 Pineapple (pineapple)
Pineapple is also one of the natural ingredients that help eliminate odors for the refrigerator effectively. After buying pineapple, you just need to peel it, then cut it into 4 small parts and put it in the refrigerator.
The refrigerator not only no longer has unpleasant odors but also smells of pineapple, keeping the air inside the refrigerator always fresh.
4 Tea (tea)
Take about 50g of flower-marinated tea and put it in a small cloth bag and put it in the refrigerator. The essence in the tea will absorb all the odors in the cabinet. This tea bag can be used continuously for about 1 month , then you can take the tea out and dry it in the sun to be able to continue using.
5 Coffee powder, coffee grounds
After making coffee, you can wrap the coffee grounds in a cloth and put them in the refrigerator. This coffee bag can be kept in the refrigerator for about 3 weeks , then you can take it out and replace it with a new bag.
You can also put vinegar in a glass jar, place the jar in the refrigerator, and open the lid. Vinegar will also absorb all odors in the cabinet without causing damage to the cabinet as well as the food.
7 Baking soda
Baking soda, also known as "salt potion", is often used for cleaning, whitening and deodorizing purposes.
You just need to put baking soda powder in a small bag or cup, then put it in the drawer under the refrigerator for a few days to a week to get rid of all odors in the refrigerator. You can also add dried lavender to the mixture to keep it fresh in the fridge.
Bread has a high ability to absorb moisture, so it will help the refrigerator avoid mold and effectively deodorize the refrigerator. Wrap 1 piece of bread in foil, or directly put the bread crumbs in a paper box, then use a toothpick to make small holes in it and put it in the refrigerator. This piece of bread can be used for 2-3 months depending on the amount of food in the refrigerator.
9 Use charcoal or activated charcoal
Charcoal has the ability to absorb moisture and deodorize the refrigerator quite well. Take some charcoal and crush it, put it in a cloth bag and then put it in the refrigerator compartment. After a period of about 1 month , the bag of charcoal should be replaced with a new bag of charcoal.
In addition, you can also use activated charcoal to deodorize. This type of charcoal helps to remove odors and does not change the quality and taste of food , can be used continuously. in 6 months.
10 Use a clean cotton towel
Take a clean cotton towel, then fold it neatly and place it in the top drawer of the refrigerator. Cotton fabric has hygroscopic properties, so it will absorb all odors in the refrigerator.
After using this method for a while, take the towel out and wash it with warm water, dry it in the sunlight and can continue to use it.
Some notes when storing food in the refrigerator to avoid odors
In general, there are quite a few methods to deodorize the refrigerator. Please choose the most suitable and convenient way for you. Besides, you should also note some of the following things to keep the refrigerator from being haunted.
- For food left over from a meal, first put it in a sealed container, cover it carefully so that the smell of food cannot escape. Because the smell of food that has been left for a long time can make your refrigerator smell bad.
- For fruits, fruits with many fragrances such as bananas, mangoes, jackfruits, durians, etc., when you store them in the refrigerator, they also need to be wrapped well. Otherwise, the scent will linger on other foods and will cause an unpleasant odor for a long time.
- Green vegetables are an extremely good food for the body, but if you put wet greens in the cupboard to store, it is a disaster. Because the risk of vegetables rotten and causing an unpleasant smell will be very high.
If you want to preserve green vegetables, wash them and wait for them to dry before putting them in the refrigerator.
- For fresh foods such as (meat, fish, shrimp, crab…) you should clean them before putting them in the refrigerator and cover them with 2 layers to avoid the smell from escaping or evaporating. Salt can cause corrosion of the interior of the refrigerator.
- In addition to paying attention to the food you put in, you also need to pay attention to the shelf life of foods when stored for a long time. Because if they are expired, they can unintentionally cause bad odors to stick to the refrigerator.
Above are tips to remove as well as prevent unpleasant odors in the refrigerator, if you have any more tips or have questions, please leave a comment below!