How to create a cover frame in Word 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016
Specifically, the instructions below will help you know how to create cover frames in Word 2016
Method 1: Use Word's available cover templates
In Word 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 versions, Microsoft has built-in beautiful and unique cover templates, you can freely choose the one that suits you best.
Step 1: You go to Microsoft Word 2016 . On the toolbar , select the Insert tab >> Cover Page >> Select the appropriate cover template .
If you want to insert cover templates at other locations . You right-click on the cover template you choose.
- Insert at the beginning of the document (Insert at Beginning of Document) .
- Insert at the current position of the document (Insert at Current Document Position) .
- Insert at the beginning of the section (Insert at Beginning of Section) .
- Insert at End of Section.
- Insert at the end of the document (Insert at End of Document).
Step 2: You just need to edit the content of your cover template according to your needs to complete.
Method 2: Create a Word cover page using Page Borders
Step 1: You align the A4 page according to the standard text presentation
On the toolbar , select Page Layout >> Select the icon at Page Setup .
Or you go to Margins >> Select Custom Margins .
Then you make customization >> Select OK .
Standard alignment parameters:
- Align top (Top): 2cm – 2.5cm (0.79" – 0.98").
- Bottom alignment (Bottom): 2cm – 2.5cm (0.79" – 0.98").
- Align left (Left): 3cm – 3.5cm (1.18" – 1.38").
- Align right (Right): 1.5cm – 2cm (0.59" – 0.79").
Step 2: Set the border for the cover page.
- You choose Design (Design) >> Select Page Borders (Page Borders) .
- In the Borders and Shading dialog box.
– You choose Texture (Art) to create a border.
– At Apply to (Apply to) you choose according to your needs.
– Next, select Options .
- In the Borders and Shading Options dialog box.
– In the Measure from section, select Text .
– Remove all bookmarks.
– Click OK >> OK .
- Method 1: You go to Menus >> Format >> Borders and Shading .
- Method 2: You choose Home >> Go to the Paragraph group >> Find the Border and Shading button and select in the drop-down list >> Select Border and Shading .
- Method 3: Go to Page Layout tab >> Go to Page background group >> Click Page Borders >> Borders and Shading window will appear.
Step 3: Add information for the cover page.
- You add content directly to the text or add a Text Box (Text Box) . Then align accordingly: bold, italic, underline,…
- Insert images: You go to Insert >> Select Pictures (Pictures) or Online pictures (Online pictures) and select images to insert.
- Insert symbols: In the Insert section >> Select Symbols >> View more symbols >> Choose Wingdings Fonts .
And here is the finished product.
Method 3: Create a Word cover page by inserting Shapes
Step 1: Insert a border for the cover page.
- You go to the Insert tab >> Select the Shape item (Shapes) >> Select the rectangle . You insert so that the frame fits the cover page.
- On the toolbar , in the Format section.
– In the Shape Fill section >> Select No fill (No fill) .
– You choose Shape Outline >> Thickness (Weight) >> View more lines (More lines) .
- The Format Shape dialog box appears with the following options:
– Transparency: The opacity of the border.
– Width: The thickness of the contour line.
– Type of combination: Types of strokes.
– Dotted line style: Types of contour cracks.
– Large font at the beginning of the paragraph: Option shown when you select Dashed style.
– Connection type: Adjust the 4 roots of the border.
Step 2: Add page information, insert images and symbols.
Follow Step 3 – Step 4 of Method 2: Create a Word cover page using Page Borders.
2 Synthesize some beautiful border frames for Word
Beautiful Frames for Word is a collection of available, beautiful and unique cover frames, very convenient for you. You don't need to spend too much time, but you can still create a nice frame for yourself.
Download "Beautiful Frames for Word" here.
Hope you will be satisfied with the tutorial on how to create a cover frame in Word 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and synthesize some beautiful frames for Word!