When to delete or archive a group on Facebook?
For some personal reason, if you do not want to continue the group – that you created on Facebook, appear again, now you can delete or archive the group:
- Group deletion, which means you will permanently delete the group.
- Group archives, which means that you will temporarily stop the group from appearing in other people’s search results (except members) and can’t add any new members.
Here is a guide for you to delete or archive groups on Facebook using different devices:
1How to delete a Facebook group
How to delete a FB group on an Android phone
Step 1: Log in to your Facebook account on your Android phone device. Click on the icon of 3 rows in the right corner, and select the item Group and Group Name that you want to delete.
Step 2: Click Settings and administrative tools, then click Members.
Step 3: Click on the 3-dot icon – which appears next to the name of each group member, then select Remove from the group each member.
Step 4: After removing the member from the group, go back to the main screen of the group, click the arrow below (as shown in the picture), then click the button Leave the group.
Step 5: Finally, click confirm to leave the group.
How to delete FB group on phone / Ipad
How to delete an FB group on iPhone/Ipad phone is similar to that on an Android phone with the following steps:
- Step 1: Log in to your Facebook account on your device or iPhone. Tap the 3 tiles icon, then tap Groups and select your Team Name.
- Step 2: Click on the More item that appears under the timeline (cover photo) of Facebook.
- Step 3: Click the icon next to the Member’s name, then select Remove from the group by a member.
- Step 4: After you have deleted all members of the group, you can select Leave group in your name.
- Step 5: Click delete a group on the confirmation page.
How to delete FB group on computer/
Step 1: Log in to your Facebook account. On your News Feed page, look at the menu on the left, click Groups, and then select the Group Name you want to remove.
Step 2: Click the Members section below the timeline (cover image).
Step 3: Click the – icon in the corner next to the name of each member, then select Remove from group.
Step 4: After deleting each member (as done in step 3), click the icon – next to your name, then select Leave group.
2How to archive a Facebook group
How to archive a FB group on an Android phone
Step 1: Click on the 3 tiles icon, to select the Group Name that you want to store.
Step 2: When entering the Group, you click the Settings button and administrative tools, then select Settings.
Step 3: Scroll down and tap on Group Storage.
Step 4: Click Confirm.
How to store FB group on iPhone/Ipad phone
How to proceed to archive Facebook group on iPhone / Ipad phone is similar on an Android phone in the following way:
- Step 1: Similarly, you need to tap on the 3 tile icon, then tap on Groups and select your Group Name.
- Step 2: Click on More – appear under the cover photo and then click View group information.
- Step 3: Click on Group Archive and then click Confirm.
3 How to store FB group on computer/laptop
Step 1: On your News Feed, click Groups in the left menu and then select the Group Name you want to archive.
Step 2: Click the …More item appears below the timeline (cover image).
Step 3: Select Group Archive.
Step 4: Click Confirm.
Hopefully, the above instructions will help you delete or archive Facebook groups quickly.