How to Use Fabric Softener Efficiently for Washing Machines
Nowadays, fabric softener is becoming increasingly popular, but not everyone knows how to use it efficiently to achieve a long-lasting fragrance. Don’t worry, today we will guide you on how to use fabric softener for washing machines.
1. How to Use Fabric Softener for Washing Machines Economically
- Use the right amount of fabric softener: According to the recommendations on the fabric softener packaging, using the right amount of fabric softener will help save and achieve the best results. Do not use too much or too little fabric softener.
- Wash clothes with the machine’s allowed weight: This helps to use fabric softener and detergent more effectively, saving water and electricity.
- Select the appropriate washing mode: Select the appropriate washing mode for the laundry to minimize water and electricity usage.
- Use fabric softener in the last cycle: Use fabric softener in the last cycle of the washing process to ensure the softening effect and fragrance retention. There is no need to use fabric softener for every wash.
- Use fabric softener as a substitute for detergent: If there is no detergent, fabric softener can be used as a substitute, as fabric softener can also clean clothes. However, be careful to use the right amount and not too often to avoid wasting energy and water.
- Use water-saving fabric softener: Many types of fabric softeners have water-saving and energy-saving features, so they can be chosen for use in washing machines.
2. How to Use Fabric Softener for Machines with a Fabric Softener Tray
The fabric softener tray for washing machines is usually marked with an asterisk (*) or a flower shape, or the word “Softener” to help users identify it.
With washing machines that have a fabric softener tray, using fabric softener is very simple:
- Take the amount of fabric softener according to the amount of fabric to be softened, and follow the recommended measurement on the packaging of the fabric softener.
- Pour this fabric softener into the fabric softener compartment of the washing machine before operating the machine.
- The washing machine will automatically use this fabric softener for the clothes in the final cycle of wash and the user does not need to do anything else.
3. How to Use Fabric Softener for Machines without a Fabric Softener Tray
Machines without a fabric softener tray are usually top-loading machines, and with these machines, the user will have to manually stop the machine before the final rinse cycle, and pour fabric softener directly into the machine.
Note that the fabric softener should also be adjusted according to the amount of clothes to be softened, and must be diluted before pouring into the washing machine.
Pouring concentrated fabric softener directly onto clothes can cause color bleeding and the fabric softener will not distribute evenly in the washing machine during rinsing, resulting in poor softening and fragrance retention results.
Notes When Using Fabric Softener for Washing Machines
- Read the instructions on the packaging carefully before using the product.
- Do not use too much fabric softener. This can make the clothes too soft, lacking durability, and not good for the environment.
- Do not use fabric softener for sensitive fabrics or fabrics that are prone to color fading, such as silk, wool, cashmere…
- If you are unsure about the features of your washing machine, read the user manual of the machine to see if you can use fabric softener or not.
- Do not pour fabric softener directly onto clothes. Pour fabric softener into the fabric softener compartment of the washing machine.
- After use, seal the fabric softener bag and store it in a dry, cool place away from direct sunlight.
- If you experience allergies or skin irritation when using fabric softener, stop using it and seek advice from a specialist.
Hoping that this article will help you use fabric softener for washing machines correctly, and keep the fragrance on your clothes longer.