How to Differentiate Between Real and Fake Type C Cables
1. How to Recognize Real and Fake Type C Cables by Inspecting the Exterior
When looking for genuine Type C charging cables, there are several key features to pay attention to:
- The USB plug on genuine cables is meticulously made with attention to detail and high durability.
- The words “VIETNAM” printed on genuine cables are deeply engraved by laser and have a tangible texture.
- Genuine cables have longer and smoother cable sleeves at both ends, while fake cables feel rougher.
- Fold the cable to test its authenticity – genuine cables will bend down, while fake cables will fold completely or retain fold marks.
- The Type C plug on genuine cables is designed with more attention to detail and is smaller.
2. Recognizing Real and Fake Type C Cables by Inspecting the Interior
Examining the interior components of the cable can also help determine its authenticity:
- Genuine cables have a copper layer at the USB Type C plug position for protection and improved contact.
- There are more silver wires in genuine cables, which help stabilize transmission.
- Genuine cables have a protective copper layer at the Type C plug and more silver threads for signal transmission and durability. They also feature a special adhesive layer that increases sturdiness and prevents short circuits.
The Consequences of Using Low-Quality Products
- Such cables can damage or even break your devices.
- The USB ports on your devices may experience intermittent operation or damage to the internal USB controller chip.
We hope this information helps you in finding genuine Type C charging cables!