Many people believe that transferring money between Viettel subscriptions will require a smartphone and may incur a service fee. Is this true or not? FPT Shop will help you find out and provide detailed instructions on how to quickly transfer money using Viettel on any phone.
Conditions and service fees when transferring money with Viettel
Before learning how to transfer money with Viettel, you need to understand the conditions and service fees for transferring money. Because not all subscriptions can transfer money to other subscriptions.
Viettel money transfer conditions
To be able to transfer money from this Viettel subscription to another subscription, your subscription needs to meet the following requirements:
- You need to have a transfer password.
- At the time of performing the money transfer transaction, the subscription must be a prepaid mobile subscription and be two-way active nationwide.
- The subscription must have a minimum operating time within 30 days from the time of activation of the service.
- The subscription must not owe any fees for the credit service.
- The amount of money you want to transfer must be a multiple of 1,000 VND. At the same time, the remaining balance in the main account must be greater than the amount you want to transfer (due to the service fee).
- When transferring, the minimum transfer amount is 1,000 VND, the maximum transfer amount is 50,000 VND/time, and 300,000 VND/day.
Above are the conditions that the subscriber needs to meet to transfer money. In addition, the subscriber receiving the money also needs to meet 2 conditions as follows:
- Being a prepaid mobile or DCom subscriber operating in two directions (at the time of receiving money).
- Being a postpaid subscriber with a Hybrid package and a prepaid account.
Viettel money transfer service fee
When performing the Viettel money transfer operation, you will have to pay a service fee. This number is not fixed and will depend on the amount of money you transfer. Specifically:
- If the amount of money you transfer is 1,000 VND, 5,000 VND, 10,000 VND, 20,000 VND, the service fee will be 5% of the amount of money you transfer.
- If you transfer a different amount of money (such as 2,000 VND, 3,000 VND, …), the service fee is 20% of the amount of money you transfer.
This fee will be deducted directly from the main account balance of the transferring subscription. That is why the balance in your main account must be greater than the amount you want to transfer.
How to get the Viettel money transfer password
The Viettel money transfer password is an 8-digit number (numeric format) provided by the network provider. It is used in money transfer transactions and if you do not have this password, you will not be able to transfer money with Viettel.
If you do not know what your Viettel money transfer password is or have forgotten it and want to retrieve it, there are 3 ways. The specific instructions are as follows:
Get the Viettel money transfer password via SMS
This is the easiest way because you can compose the message on any phone keypad from a regular phone to a smartphone, without the need for an internet connection.
Case 1: If you have never obtained the Viettel money transfer password before, compose the message according to the following format:
MK send 136
Immediately, the network system will send a message with the password consisting of 8 digits for you to perform money transfer transactions. If you find that password difficult to remember, you can change the password by composing an SMS following the format:
Case 2: If you have previously composed an SMS to retrieve the password and have forgotten the password provided by the network, compose a message according to the format below:
After that, the system will send a message with the new money transfer password to your phone number. You can also change to a different password for easier memorization if desired.
- This is the fastest and easiest way to obtain the Viettel money transfer password
- Tips on how to transfer money with Viettel without the need for a password
Get the Viettel money transfer password via USSD
The second method to help you get the Viettel money transfer password is through USSD. The advantage of this method is that you can perform it on any phone. The procedure is as follows:
Step 1: On the phone call keyboard, press *136# > Press 0 (to select password item) > Press Reply.
Step 2: Select 1 (to retrieve the password). Then, the system will display the password for you.
Get the Viettel money transfer password via My Viettel app
To perform this method, you need to use a smartphone and require the device to have an internet connection.
Step 1: Access CH Play or App Store, then search for and download the My Viettel app to your phone.
Step 2: Open the downloaded My Viettel app on your phone and log in to your account by entering the phone number used for money transfers > Select the Other utilities section.
Step 3: Continue selecting the Money transfer section. Switch to the Viettel money transfer interface, select Forgot password below the password input box.
At this point, the system will display 2 methods for retrieving the password. You choose 1 of the 2 and follow the detailed instructions to do so.
If your receiving subscription meets enough Viettel money transfer conditions and you have obtained the money transfer password, then apply one of the following 3 Viettel money transfer methods:
How to transfer money with Viettel using the My Viettel app
What is the My Viettel app?
My Viettel is a mobile application developed by the Viettel Military-Industry-Telecom Group to assist customers using Viettel SIM cards in managing subscriptions and performing other services completely online.
Some conveniences that My Viettel provides include:
- Fast reloading with just a few simple steps. Can be done on both smartphones and regular phones without the need for an internet connection.
- No need to pay a service registration fee, no monthly service fee.
- Integrated many utilities that allow customers to change passwords, transfer money to phones, share data, or send money transfer requests, top up other people’s cards when needed,…
How to transfer money with Viettel via the My Viettel app
To transfer money with Viettel using the My Viettel app, follow the instructions below:
Step 1: If you have not downloaded this app yet, please access App Store or Google Play to download it.
Next, open the app and log in to your account by entering the phone number and selecting the appropriate login method: Using OTP, password, or 3G/4G/5G.
If you choose to use OTP code, the system will send a confirmation code to your phone number. You enter that code correctly and press Confirm to successfully log in.
Step 2: On the home screen, select the Utilities section > Select Transfer money.
Step 3: Enter the transfer information including: Receiver’s phone number, Amount of money, Money transfer password > Enter the CAPTCHA code correctly then press Transfer money.
The transfer fee will be displayed below the Amount field as soon as you enter the amount you want to transfer.
Note: If the receiving subscription has been stored in your phone’s contact list, allow the My Viettel app permission to access the contact list. This will help you find phone numbers quickly, without manual entry, and avoid input errors.
How to send money with Viettel using I-Share
If you do not use or do not want to download the My Viettel app to your phone, you can apply the method of transferring money with Viettel using the I-Share service.
What is I-Share?
I-Share is a Viettel service that allows prepaid mobile subscribers to perform money transfer transactions to another subscription.
The advantages of using the I-Share service include:
- Fast money transfer with just a few simple steps. Can be done on both smartphones and regular phones, no need for a network connection.
- No need to pay a service registration fee, no monthly service fee.
- Integrating many utilities that allow customers to change passwords, transfer money to phones, share data, or send money transfer requests, top up other people’s cards when needed,…
How to transfer money with Viettel using I-Share via USSD
There are 2 ways to transfer money with Viettel using the I-Share service: via SMS and USSD. First, let’s find out how to do it via USSD.
On the phone call keypad, press the following format: *136*Money transfer password*Receiving subscription*Amount of money to transfer# then press OK or the CALL button.
How to transfer money with Viettel using I-Share via SMS
To perform this method, you open the SMS application on your phone and compose a message following the format:
Note: Enter all spaces correctly or the system will consider it an incorrect format and will not complete the transaction.
When do you need to transfer money with Viettel?
The method of transferring money with Viettel is used when the balance of your main account is still high, not used up. If left for too long, that amount of money may expire, or some people are afraid of being charged if they accidentally subscribe to unnecessary services. At this time, transferring money from Viettel to another account will help you use the money in the main account faster, avoid waste.
In addition, this can also be considered as an indirect method of topping up. For example, you want to top up your parents’ or relatives’ phone but cannot buy a card, you can transfer money from your subscription to theirs. It’s quite useful, isn’t it?
Above are detailed instructions on how to get the Viettel money transfer password and how to transfer money with Viettel, which can be applied on both regular phones and smartphones. Depending on your needs and actual conditions, you will choose the appropriate method. Good luck!
- Have you transferred Viettel mobile money to a bank account yet?
- Tips for blocking Viettel, MobiFone, VinaPhone SIM cards, within 5 minutes
If you are looking to change to a better quality phone for yourself or for your parents or grandparents, you can refer to the products available at FPT Shop. The diverse category includes feature phones, smartphones from many brands, and price ranges, which will definitely meet your needs.