If you are concerned about removing the smell of cigarette smoke from your clothes, especially if it lingers on your child’s clothing, here are some solutions:
If you are a woman, you may feel uncomfortable when there is a cigarette smell in the room and it clings to your clothing.
To eliminate the cigarette smell from your clothes, consider the following washing methods:
Pay attention to the washing methods
Method 1: Use apple cider vinegar to eliminate the cigarette smell from your clothes. The vinegar smell will dissipate quickly.
- Take 1 or ½ cup of vinegar and mix it with about 5 liters of water in a basin.
- Soak the clothes in the basin for approximately 15 minutes.
- Drain the water and wash the clothes as usual.
Method 2: Use baking soda to remove the cigarette smell. This method has similar effects to apple cider vinegar.
- Take 2 tablespoons of baking soda and put it in 6-7 liters of water. Adjust the amount of baking soda according to the quantity of clothes.
- Soak the clothes for approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Wash and rinse with clean water.
Method 3: Use convenient features in your washing machine. For example:
- In the drying mode: The hot steam mist system in the machine will eliminate cigarette residue and bacteria that cause lingering odors on clothes.
- In the steam washing mode: If you have a front-loading washing machine, you can choose the steam washing mode, which also has a hot mist function.
Make use of sunlight
In sunlight, there are ultraviolet (UV) rays, which have the ability to effectively eliminate bacteria and remove odors. Hang the clothes in sunlight after washing to remove the cigarette smell.
If the weather is not sunny, you can consider using a UV light to quickly eliminate the cigarette smell from the clothes.
Use deodorant spray or perfume
If the cigarette smell on your clothes is mild, you can use a stronger scented perfume or deodorant spray to mask the smell.
Removing the smell of cigarette smoke from clothes is no longer a difficult problem. Take the time to learn more and find solutions to the challenges you encounter in your daily life.