Exchanging and working through Gmail has become increasingly popular with many people. In addition to being used for work, a Gmail account also helps you sign up for Facebook and log in to many other websites. Creating a Gmail account is a simple trick that only requires a few steps to get a new Gmail account for yourself. Here is a detailed guide on how to create a Gmail account on a phone and computer, let’s follow along.
What is Gmail? Why do I need to create a Gmail account?
Gmail is a free email service developed by Google that allows users to use it for free via an Internet connection. Gmail is becoming increasingly popular because it helps users do a lot of things. Gmail accounts are used to connect to YouTube, receive and send emails for work exchange, documents, etc.
In the case of an Android operating system phone, users must have a Gmail account to download apps to their devices. In addition, Gmail is also used to create social networking accounts like Facebook, YouTube, and log in to games, websites to view and download free documents, etc.
When you successfully create a Gmail account, you can use many free features of Gmail such as creating auto-reply emails, creating to-do lists, and countless other useful features. In addition, each Gmail account is provided with 15GB of free storage space for storing documents and data, and additional storage can be purchased if needed.
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of Gmail:
- Virus and Spam Checks: The majority of emails received and sent are automatically attached with virus scanning files. If there is a virus in the attached file, Gmail will automatically scan and destroy that virus to prevent harmful emails from reaching users’ devices.
- Free Email Storage: Gmail provides each account with free storage space of up to 15GB. Thanks to that, you can comfortably store your data.
- Reliability: Gmail has a very high level of security and control with perfect forwarding security features, content encryption during exchange and forwarding. Account information will be securely protected thanks to the two-step authentication process which helps minimize unauthorized access risks.
- Integration of many useful tools: Gmail is not only a place to send and receive emails but also provides support tools for editing, calculating, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., which are very useful for students and office workers.
- Simplify the process of having multiple Gmail accounts: In addition to the feature of suggesting additional email addresses, Gmail also integrates a quite interesting feature called Mail Fetcher. This feature allows users to have up to 5 email addresses in order to be able to fetch emails through POP3.
- Customizable interface: Gmail supports users to use it on various web browsers such as Chrome, Coc Coc, Firefox, etc.
- Enhance performance: Gmail is extremely flexible and can support users worldwide with more than 40 languages. Therefore, no matter where you are and what language you use, you can use Gmail for work.
- Effective filters and search: Gmail’s filters support users to quickly filter different types of emails such as filtering by incoming mail, subject, or attached emails.
- Many shortcuts help perform tasks quickly: Shortcuts help users save time and are applied in many platforms such as shortcuts in Word, Excel, computer keyboard shortcuts, etc. Similarly, Gmail also supports many corresponding shortcuts for different tasks, helping users optimize their work, save more time when performing actions with the mouse.
Guide on how to create a new Gmail account on a computer
From the great benefits mentioned above, creating a Gmail account is very necessary and helpful in work, studying, and life. If you do not know how to create a Gmail account, please follow the information below.
First, let’s see how to create a Gmail account on a computer.
Step 1: On the web browser of your computer, go to this address > Choose Create an account > For myself.
Step 2: Enter all the required information including:
- Last name, first name: This information will be displayed directly and can be edited in the settings after creating an account. However, if it is a Gmail account for work processing, you should use your real name (if it is a Personal account) or the name of your business, brand (if it is a Business account).
- Date of birth: This information is mandatory.
- Gender: You can choose Male, Female, Prefer not to say, or Customize.
- Gmail address: This section is your username, create an unaccented, spaceless Gmail address. Note that the Gmail address must be unique, if it is the same as the existing Gmail addresses, you have to reset or add characters to make it different. The Gmail address has the @gmail.com suffix.
Step 3: After entering all the information, you will create a password and confirm the password for the Gmail account. Next, choose Next to proceed to the next step.
Step 4: Next, Google will ask you to add a recovery email to recover the account in case of abnormal account activity or loss of access rights. For important Gmail accounts, you should provide this information.
Step 5: You will need to enter your phone number. Similarly, you can choose to enter this information or not. If you do not want to enter it, you select Skip.
Step 6: Google will ask you to review your account information. If it is correct, you choose Next.
Step 7: In the Privacy and Terms section, you can read it to understand the information and then scroll down and select I Agree.
For more information:
- Instructions on how to log out of Gmail on the phone and computer in 2023
- Tips to fix Gmail notification sound not working on Android and iPhone
Guide on how to create a new Gmail account on a phone
In addition to creating a Gmail account on a computer as above, you can also create a Gmail account on an Android and iPhone phone. Here’s how:
How to create a Gmail account on an Android phone
Step 1: Access CH Play, enter the keyword Gmail in the search bar and then press Install to download the Gmail app to your phone.
Step 2: Open the downloaded Gmail app > Choose next arrow > Choose Google.
Step 3: Choose Create an account > Choose For myself > Choose Next.
Step 4: Enter information including: Last Name, First Name, Date of Birth, Gender > Choose Next.
Step 5: Enter username > Create a password > Press Next.
Note: The username must be unique and different from existing names.
How to create Gmail on an iPhone
Step 1: To create Gmail on an iPhone, you also go to the App Store to search for and download the Gmail app to your device, then open the app > Choose Sign in > Choose Google.
Step 2: Choose Create an account > Choose For myself or To manage a business > Choose Next.
Step 3: Enter information including: Last Name, First Name, Date of Birth, Gender > Press Next.
Step 4: Enter username and password > Choose Continue.
Note: The username must be unique and different from existing names.
Step 6: Enter the confirmation code sent to the phone > Press Next > Enter the password > Press Next.
How to log in to a Gmail account
After you have a Gmail account, you can log in to your device to use it as follows:
How to log in to Gmail on a phone
Step 1: Open the Gmail app on your phone > Select Sign in.
Step 2: In the next step, enter your phone number or email address (username) > Press Next.
Then continue to enter the password > Press Next.
With just 2 simple steps, you can log in to Gmail on your phone.
How to log in to Gmail on a computer
Logging in to Gmail on a computer is also very simple, you can do it as follows:
Step 1: Open the web browser on your device > Go to this link > Choose Sign in.
Step 2: Enter the email address or phone number used to register for Gmail in the empty box > Choose Next.
Step 3: Enter the password of the account > Choose Next.
Immediately, you will be redirected to your Gmail account.
Some common errors when creating a Gmail account
The steps to create Gmail are simple, but during the process, you may encounter some common errors such as:
Error “Google could not create your account”
“Google could not create your account” error occurs when the user enters the wrong age as stipulated by Gmail. To fix this error, you do as follows:
Step 1: Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen > Select History.
Step 2: Click on Clear browsing data > Choose From the beginning of time > Select Clear browsing data.
Gmail account already exists
When you create a username (email address), if that name is already used by another account (used by someone else), the system will display “This username is already taken. Please try another.” At this point, you need to add different letters or numbers to differentiate the username.
Creating too many Gmail accounts
If you create too many Gmail accounts using the same phone number for confirmation, your account will be flagged as spam by Google. To fix this, you need to replace the phone number or skip the phone number entry step.
The article has shared with you detailed instructions on how to create Gmail on a phone and computer. This is very necessary for both professionals and students. Creating Gmail is simple, free, so follow the instructions above.
- What is a virtual Gmail? Benefits of using virtual Gmail and how to create virtual Gmail quickly
- Let me reveal you how to send photos from Zalo to Gmail to share data quickly and safely
To own a phone or laptop to serve your study, work, and entertainment needs, visit the FPT Shop website to choose the right product for you.