1Soak the noodles before cooking
Soaking noodles before cooking is a smart way to save energy and time. Not only does it reduce the strain on electrical or gas appliances, but it also speeds up the cooking process. To do this, simply pour clean water into a large bowl and soak the noodles for about 90 minutes. Then, boil water and cook the noodles for 1-2 minutes. This eliminates the need for simmering and reduces cooking time.
2Maximize the use of the oven
There are several ways to maximize the use of your oven and save electricity:
- Make the most of oven racks by maximizing space.
- Cook multiple dishes at once.
- Use the oven to reheat leftovers instead of using other appliances.
3Freeze vegetables, roots, and fruits for multiple uses
To save money and reduce food waste, freeze vegetables, roots, and fruits. You can chop them into small pieces and freeze them for future use. This way, you can store them longer and use them as needed.
4Shorten the operation time of the oven
Using the oven consumes a lot of energy. To save electricity, you can turn off the oven 5 minutes before the food is fully cooked. The residual heat will continue to cook the food without using extra energy.
5Make the most of potatoes
To save money and make the most of potatoes, follow these tips:
- Store potatoes with apples in the refrigerator to prevent sprouting and extend their storage time.
- Avoid storing potatoes near onions to maintain their original flavor.
- Regularly check and organize potatoes, removing any spoiled ones and using the older ones first.
- Store and reuse cooked potatoes in other dishes to avoid waste.
6Store bread by freezing
To preserve bread and prevent spoilage, freeze it in separate portions. Wrap the portions tightly and store them in the freezer. Thaw the desired portion naturally at room temperature when needed.
7Freeze leftover food
Freezing leftover food is an effective way to save money. Divide the leftovers into small portions, store them in airtight containers, and label them with dates. Use these frozen portions for quick cooking on busy days.
These are just a few tips to save money when cooking. We hope you find them useful. Thank you for reading!